|The responsibility of Hahnemühle FineArt GmbH towards the environment is, and has been for many years, inseparable from the history of our company and our community. Our three production sites in Germany are situated in Dassel and Einbeck. These centres are located in a very historical, and highly preserved cultural and recreational area of natural beauty.
As a company, we are very proud of our location and surroundings, which in turn, drives us to achieve higher than required standards of environmental control by the local and national government. With respect to the environmental, one of our mission is “To take care of our environment with greatest responsibility”. We are constantly measuring our products and processes against this mission, which has led to the following:
- The establishment of raw material recycling in our paper production plant.
- The effective removal of pollutants from air emissions in paper conversion, impregnation and membrane production plants.
- The implementation of tighter than legally required limits (CSB content in waste water) in all our effluent treatment plants.
- Selective purchasing from suppliers who adopt a recycling policy wherever possible.
- The philosophy to reuse products before they are recycled or disposed of.
- The use of chlorine free cellulose.
- The selective purchasing of cultured wooden products only from suppliers who adopt and can prove to implement a replanting policy.
- The use of processes, products and materials exhibiting reduced energy consumption.
- The use of natural gas as an environmentally friendly energy source.
- The use of managed, environmentally friendly disposal systems for our packaging material (“Grüner Punkt”).
- Documentation, where appropriate, on environmentally hazardous materials (Material Safety Data Sheets).
i.V. Dr. Barbara Born
(Environmental protection office)