The selection of the right filter paper for the intended technical and industrial separation depends on many different factors. Therefore a closer look into the aims and objectives of the filtration process should be completed before a filtration medium is selected. The following questions will help to find the best filter paper:
- What is filtered?
- Which kind of particles are in the solution?
- What is the size of these particles?
- What shall be the maximum particle size in the resulting filtrate?
- What is the pH of the solution?
- What is the temperature during the filtration process?
- Can the temperature be increased?
- What is the viscosity of the solution?
- What is the pressure during the filtration?
- Are the paper sheets supported in the filter press?
- What is the material of this support?
- How long does the filtration process take?
- How many grams of particle load per sqm of filter paper are expected?
- Are there any additional requests on the filter material?
Please see some examples for uses and the best suitable filter paper:
|Separation of soot particles from air||604L, 597L|
|Filtration of unsweetened juice, wine and spirits||572||2048||3605|
|Filtration of viscous liquids and emulsions (e.g. sweetened|
|viscous juices, spirits and syrups, resin solutions, lacquers,|
|essential oils, essences and plant extracts)||1450nf, 3205||520bII, 520b, 520a, 3144L|
|Purification of electroplating baths||520b||2589a|
|Fine impurities in industrial liquids||1577, 3205||2772||5703, 2208, 2589a-d, 2294, 2282|
|Filtration of difficult to clarify liquids, edible oils, transformer and turbine oils||BF||22|
|Use in filter presses (protective paper)||1577||2410|
|Filtration of tanning solutions and paints, vacuum and pressure filtration and lining larger suction filters||1577||2208|
|Boiler water filtration and filtration of active carbon particles||2589a-b|
|Determination of water uptake according to Cobb||5703|
|Monitoring dye stuffs in the textile industry||1450nf|
|Cytocentrifugation in cytological diagnosis||2589c, 2589d|
|Determination of the whiteness of milk, textile fibres||0048|
The use of a special filter paper in certain filtration equipment usually requires a specific paper shape. Paper rolls with various width and lengths, filter circles with centre hole, large sheets with exactly positioned holes for the right fitting into a filter press and specific shapes with a flute or with pleats.
All these conversions can be done with our own specific equipment. Please contact us!