Established in 1584, Hahnemühle is a leading German paper manufacturer for traditional (e.g. watercolour, sketch, oil and acrylics) and digital FineArt paper.
Hahnemühle is considered the pioneer of exclusive digital FineArt media and above all durable papers for photography and art reproductions. In the world of traditional art, photography and collectors, images on Hahnemühle paper ‘Made in Germany’ have a great reputation. Artists from all over the world exhibit their work on the more than 20 different papers from Hahnemühle´s portfolio. Worldwide, Hahnemühle has 180 employees in Dassel, Germany (headquarters); Norwich, United Kingdom; Paris, France; Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA and Beijing, China.
We’re looking for a credible and inspiring leader that is results oriented, with a track record that speaks to their ability to steer a team through a successful transition of tomorrow, while delivering the results and managing the immediate challenges of today.
The General Manager is responsible for the management and day-to-day operations of Hahnemühle US and has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Headquarters.
He/she will build a world class business delivering best-in-class Customer-centric market approach and work proactively with Hahnemühle functional heads and managers, to build and execute a strategic growth plan to take advantage of the emerging opportunities in the sector.
This role will be based in Crystal Lake, Illinois and report to the Director Sales in Germany.
1. Strategic and Financial Objectives
- Develop and articulate clear, actionable and measurable plans for Traditional and Digital FineArt business areas that fit within an overall strategic and financial plan for the Hahnemühle Group
- Ensure delivery of agreed strategic and financial objectives within agreed time frames
- Provide regular updates on key deliverables and financial performance
- Develop new business opportunities that are aligned with overall corporate strategy and can better leverage existing skill sets, distribution infrastructure, product platforms and customer relationships
2. Mission, policy and planning
- In collaboration with the Hahnemühle Group define the values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals of the Hahnemühle US division
- Proactively communicate and engage in dialogue in respect of industry trends, the competitive landscape and future risks and opportunities
- Actively address the outcome of this dialogue and recommend policy positions
3. Customer engagement
- Build a customer sales and account management strategy to maximize customer engagement and retention
- Proactively set and manage future growth targets for existing customers, new customers and new product lines
- Establish and manage world-class account management programs for major customers acknowledging that the required customer experience may vary across region, industry and customer groups
4. Management and administration
- Provide general oversight of all activities, manage the day-to-day operations, and assure a smoothly functioning, efficient organization
- Provide strategic and commercial direction to the product development process and team.
- Create a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff.
- Develops succession planning across the business
- Develops and regularly tracks Key Performance Indicators
- Assure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting, analysis and audit
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in a MD/GM role or other senior business leadership role for an international sales and operations-based business
- Experience managing a marketing and sales business from product idea through to sales and service to end users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Strong financial skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Willingness and availability to travel extensively
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and articulate a business plan and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and manage people to deliver the strategy in a fast paced and changing business environment
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in paper related industry, with a preference for retail oriented businesses
- Experience with sales & marketing of products/services across international markets
Please send your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.